Friday, May 15, 2009

Blueberry Bread Pudding

9 slices blueberry bread cut into chunks about 9 per piece 4 eggs 2 cups half and half or combination of milk and cream what ever you have to make 2 cups liquid 1/2 cup sugar 1-2 t vanilla blend up all these in a blender ( I never measure I just pour ) 3-4 T melted butter 1 t. cinnamon dash nutmeg if you want place bread in a well butter dish pour the wet mixture on top and smush down to absorb sprinkle about 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen and sprinkle top with raw sugar for a nice crunchy top bake at 350f for 30-40 min mine was done in 30 min I was waiting for our food in the oven at 400 so I put the bread pudding in the micro for 5 minutes to start cooking
you'll know when its done if you squish the middle and it springs back
then dish up and top with vanilla ice cream or heavy whip cream
here's the bread I used if your going to use another bread like a french bread I would increase the sugar to 3/4 cup if its a sweet bread you can use less enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. our phone is still down, I would like to try the bumbo, I don't know if she'll like it but I'll try it. I found a bath thing used so don't get me one :)

    ReplyDelete