Thursday, May 14, 2009

Super Yummy Eggrolls

I thought I'd share my recipe for egg rolls they are alot different than what you can buy or order at your local Chinese restaurant. First brown about 1 lb or more of hamburger along with 1 pkg of onion soup mix,and about 1/4 cup soy sauce and 2 T. of ginger garlic paste its sold in a little jar just like the bottles fresh garlic
then add 1 pkg broccoli slaw (much healthier than the regular old cabbage)
1-2 pkg bean sprouts depending where you buy them ( I bought mine from Fred Meyer)
I would rather buy them at Haggen they sell them in bulk(about 3-4 cups) I think they are fresher, but not running to 2 different stores
add to hot pan and cook down 5-10 minutes you want most of the liquid to evaporate
then pour into a colander to drain(all the grease and extra liquid) and cool if you have it too warm the wrappers will break on you as your trying to roll up ad if its wet it makes it hard to seal and you'll have super greasy egg rolls
I make a paste of cornstarch and water or flour and water to dip my fingers in to make a better seal the more you make the better you get a t making these when I first started making these they would get holes while they were cooking and were greasy
roll them up nice and tight the directions are on the back of the pkg on how to roll
when your finished I pop them into the freezer to harden up a bit about 30 minutes but not too long or they can crack
Cook in about 1 inch of oil on med to low heat adjust the temp as needed and cook about 4 min. on each side
Drain on paper towel or paper grocery bags work great 2 bags on top of each other and toss when your done. You can fry them on the light side if you aren't eating them all and freeze and re-heat in oven for another day. My kids like to eat them with sweet-n-sour from Wendy's I just save them from chicken nuggets Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's so much easier to just come over and eat yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Call me next time you make them, so I can come taste :).

    ReplyDelete